MAR 2/3 2024
Each year, hundreds of teams are not accepted to participate in the San Diego Surf Cup, renowned as the country’s BEST College recruiting event. The 2024 COPA SURF Youngers presents an opportunity for teams to secure their spot in this year’s Surf Cup Competition held in San Diego and Oceanside.
Join a Regional Qualifier tournament where the victors earn a place at the 2024 Surf Cup in San Diego!
Every year, Surf hosts two different editions of our COPA SURF — the SD Surf Cup Qualifier — for the U8-U19 age groups. This is a PREMIER ELITE ranked and one of the top-ranked tournaments in Northern California and the Nation. This year, COPA SURF – Youngers will be hosted at Morgan Hill Sports Complex and surrounding cities.
- Age Groups: Boys & Girls 2016-2010 (U8-U14)
- Entry Fee: $795 (7v7) – $895 (9v9) – $995 (11v11)
- Early Bird Discount: $695 (7v7) – $795 (9v9) – $895 (11v11) – Early bird ends Jan 20, 2024
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2024
- Event Dates: March 2-3, 2024
- There will be a 3-game guarantee with finals on Sunday, March 3, 2024.
Best of the Best Division winners will earn the automatic bid to Surf Cup San Diego in late July 2024.
- Each team is Guaranteed 3 Games.
- Tents and Benches will be provided for each team.
- All Games are played at the Morgan Hill Sports Complex in Morgan Hill, CA
- Medals for 1st and 2nd place teams. (Championship Matches)
- Trophy for 1st place teams. (Championship Matches)
- Best of the Best Division Champion – Automatic Acceptance to Summer Surf Cup (Separate Entry Payment Required)
- No-hassle Online tournament check-in before the tournament starts.
- No additional charges for using the convenience of paying by credit card.
- Extremely responsive to teams’ scheduling needs based on travel distance and coaching conflicts.
This is a Class I Tournament open to USYS, US Club Soccer, USSSA, and FIFA-affiliated teams.
This event is sanctioned by US Club Soccer.
The registration deadline is February 15, 2024, at midnight. Teams will be notified of their acceptance for the event by February 16, 2024.
CREDENTIALS CHECK-IN: You are required to submit a copy of your player passes and a team roster (GotSport/USSSA/US CLUB/USYS) and email them to us the midnight Wednesday before the event KO. Once confirmed, you will then be cleared to play on Saturday. There will be no Saturday check-in at the fields. Emergency players can be added past the Thursday deadline but need the Event Director’s approval beforehand. For the weekend games, you will need to keep your team roster handy and be sure to have all player passes available. You will not be checking in your passes and rosters before each match of the weekend, but you need to have this documentation available if you are asked for it. Remember No Pass No Play. All players must have valid 22/23 or 23/24 player passes.
Please email a copy of your roster (GotSport/USSSA/US Club/USYS/MLS/ECNL) and copies of your player passes to the following email address: [email protected]. You must do this no later than the Wednesday before your first KO. DO NOT send your documentation as a reply to this message.
IMPORTANT: The subject line of your email must have the following information: Team and Club name, age group, and gender. Example: Santa Rosa United 07B, U16, Boys
EVENT ROSTERS: Besides the credentials check-in described above you are required to populate/create a team roster in our tournament system in order for your players to show up on the game cards when we print them. This is a separate roster from your GotSport/US Club/USSSA/MLS or USYS roster that we require you to email to us along with copies of your player passes. You can create your event roster now and this process must also be completed by Wednesday at midnight. The process of creating the event roster and adding players to our system is simple. To add players to your Roster as a Team Manager or Coach follow these instructions:
- Log in to your application. You created a team in our system when you applied so you have the login information to go back in to your application and add complete your event roster.
- From your Manager dashboard, click on our event under “My Tournaments”
- Find your team, then click “Actions”, then “Manage Roster”
- From there you have two options – “Add Player” to add players manually, or “Import CSV” if you have your roster in .csv format. Instructions on proper headings are on that page.
Once you do this the game cards that we print will have all of your players listed on the card. This includes guest players. You can start now and continue to add players until Thursday night.